Last updated: 5/24/2022
- What Information Archetype Collects:
Archetype collects and stores in our database certain personal information provided when you request information from us, communicate with us, or sign up for EHR Go/Neehr Perfect, as well as information provided by third parties, including our affiliate sister companies. This information may include without limitation: name, address, email address, birth date, phone number, customer ID, social security number, prior education, demographic information, course progress, scores, completion status, and financial status. In addition, we may collect your credit card number in order to process your sign up and collect payment.
When an Educational Institution chooses to adopt EHR Go/Neehr Perfect for its faculty, staff and students, certain identifying information is required to be provided to Archetype. This typically includes the User’s name, email address, and phone number. For example, when a faculty member, staff member or student wants access to EHR Go/Neehr Perfect, Archetype uses the above information to create the User’s account. When a User visits an Archetype website, Archetype automatically collects some information about User’s computer or other access device — for example, its IP address, web browser software and similar information. Archetype may also assign User’s computer a unique identifier text file, also known as a “cookie,” to record each User contact with Archetype’s website.
When working with faculty users, Archetype may gather other information or material such as course content, patient scenarios, documentation templates, and activities. Normally this material can be shared with other EHR Go/Neehr Perfect faculty users who may, in turn, share it with other faculty, staff and students. In specific instances, upon written request, a User may request that certain items be treated by Archetype as “confidential” and used only within a certain group of Users, Archetype will consider these requests on a case-by-case basis.
We never knowingly collect information from children under the age of thirteen, nor is our website designed to provide any service to children under the age of thirteen. If you are under thirteen, please do not give us any personal information. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal information to us, please contact us and we will attempt to remove that information from our databases.
- What Archetype Does With Information It Collects:
Non-personally identifiable information is used to help us improve our website by enabling us to discover and address the needs of our website visitors. This includes making our website accessible to the various web browsers and operating systems used to access our website.
By supplying your contact information when requesting information or signing up in one of our courses, you authorize Archetype and its agents (outsource calls centers and academic partners) to contact you (using the information you provide to us) about Archetype or its agents’ products and services, including product releases and updates, seminars, events, surveys, trainings, and special offers. You can opt out of future communications from Archetype by sending an email to [email protected] or calling 1-800-246-7837.
Archetype may also use information to respond to a User’s questions and comments. As part of a student User’s coursework, Archetype may be required to make information supplied to Archetype by the student available to the faculty and staff Users at the Educational Institution.
- Information Sharing and Disclosure:
Archetype may use certain trusted third party companies and individuals to help Archetype service, develop, and analyze the software. These third parties may have access to a User’s information – but only for purposes of performing these tasks on Archetype’s behalf, and under appropriate non-disclosure agreements. Archetype’s Help Desk and Data Center, Atomic LLC, presently has access to User information, which is used for assisting Users who request help.
Unless expressly prohibited by a User in writing, in furtherance of certain training and job placement objectives, Archetype reserves the right to release Users’ personal information to certain third parties in order for the User to request special training software included with program and share User information on an as needed basis as follows:
|Types Of Information||Available To|
|Program progress, completion status, and scores||Employer; Potential employer with whom a User has applied or expressed interest; Sponsor paying all or part of User fees; Third-party resolution agencies; Third-party organization through whom a User has signed up with Archetype|
|Financial status (fee balance)||Sponsor paying all or part of learner fees|
Archetype does not disclose a User’s credit or debit card, bank information, or similar financial information to any third party, or use it for any purpose, except for the collection of payment specifically authorized by the User.
If Archetype receives a subpoena, court order, or similar document requesting or requiring disclosure of any User data, it is Archetype’s policy to attempt to notify the affected User(s) prior to release of any such information unless Archetype is legally prohibited from doing so.
Archetype reserves the right to collect and aggregate anonymous information, such as the number of visitors to its website and/or the number of Users, and to share that information with certain third parties including potential advertisers and investors.
- Security and Back-up:
For User’s IT department: security of a User’s information is important to Archetype. Users access EHR Go/Neehr Perfect over the Internet using Transport Layer Security (TLS). The server and hosting services are provided under contract with Atomic, LLC in Minneapolis, Minnesota. Atomic is a Software as a Service (SAS) 70 certified organization. Data is completely secure as it resides on the Storage Area Network (SAN) in a dedicated and partitioned Volumes and Logical Unit Number (LUN) and well as Virtual Local Area Network (VLAN) networks. Data is encrypted at rest on the SAN using Advanced Encryption Standard (AES) 256-bit encryption and a True Random Number Generator (TRNG) for key generation. Data has frequent snap-shots taken on the SAN, backed up and rolled to tape and stored off site in a geographically diverse location from the data center for the highest levels in disaster recovery and business continuation strategies.
- Laws Applicable to Users in Canada:
For Users in Canada and subject to the laws of Canada, the provisions of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) governing data privacy may apply to protect a User’s “personal information”, which is information about an identifiable individual, but does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. PIPEDA requires an organization such as Archetype to obtain consent when it collects, uses or discloses an individual’s personal information; collect information by fair and lawful means, and to have personal information policies that are clear, understandable and readily available. PIPEDA also gives an individual the right to know why an organization such as Archetype collects, uses or discloses their personal information; to expect it to do so reasonably and appropriately and not to use it for any purpose except as a User has consented; to know who within Archetype is responsible for protecting the information; to expect Archetype to take appropriate security measures; to expect that the information will be accurate, complete and up-to-date; to obtain access to the information and ask for any necessary corrections; and to complain about how Archetype has handled the User’s personal information if the User believes his or her privacy rights have not been respected.
- Additional Information for California Residents
This section provides information organized in accordance with the California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) for residents of California about how we handle certain personal information we have collected over the past 12 months.
- As we describe in more detail in the section above titled What Information Archetype Collects, we collect personal information online and offline directly from consumers, automatically when consumers use the EHR Go/Neehr Perfect website or contact us by phone, and from third parties (such as from our sister companies) and have collected the following categories of personal information in the past 12 months:
- Identifiers, such as your name, email address, or IP address.
- Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)).
- Commercial information (e.g., records of products or services purchased, obtained, or considered).
- Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law, such as age.
- Internet or other similar network activity, such as information on your use of the Archetype website or the EHR Go/Neehr Perfect platform.
- Geolocation data.
- Audio, electronic, visual, thermal, olfactory, or similar information.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- The section above entitled What Archetype Does With Information It Collects discloses how the categories of personal information we collect are used.
- As we describe in more detail in the section above titled Information Sharing and Disclosure, we may disclose the following categories of your personal information for business purposes with funding services, payment processing services, background check services, placement/externship services, and employment/hiring partners, advertisers and affiliate sister companies, or other business partners: (1) identifiers, (2) personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), and (3) professional and employment-related information. We may also disclose the following categories of personal information for business purposes with advertisers: (1) identifiers and (2) Internet or other similar network activity.
California law also requires that we provide you with information about certain disclosures of personal information to third parties, where the disclosure involves monetary or other consideration. California treats these disclosures as “sales” of information, even if no money changes hands. Some of the disclosures we have made in the last 12 months may constitute “sales” under California law and involve the disclosure of the following types of personal information to partners, advertisers, and our affiliate sister companies: (1) identifiers; (2) personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code 1798.80(e)), (3) professional and employment-related information; and (4) Internet or other similar network activity. You may exercise your right to opt out of “sales” by clicking this Do Not Sell My Personal Information link and following the instructions. We do not sell personal information from consumers under 16 years old.
Requests for Deletion, Copy and Right to Know Your Information. California consumers have the right to make the following requests:
- You have the right to request deletion of personal information that we have collected about you.
- Copy and Right to Know. You have the right to request a copy of the specific pieces of personal information that we have collected about you over the past 12 months, including the categories of information, sources, and purposes of collection, as well as categories of third parties we have shared it with.
- Designated Agent. You may designate an agent to make a request on your behalf. That agent must have access to your account in order for us to verify the request. The agent must also provide proof that you gave the agent signed permission to submit the request on your behalf
You may submit deletion, copy and right to know requests by either calling 1-800-246-7837 or emailing Archetype at [email protected]. You can also submit a deletion, copy and right to know request by emailing Archetype at [email protected]. We may need to verify your identity before completing your rights request by, for example, requesting additional information from you.
Non-Discrimination. We will not discriminate against you, including by denying or providing a different level or quality of goods or services should you choose to exercise your options under the CCPA.
- Contacting Archetype:
 The Archetype sister companies include Carrus, Penn Foster, Inc, the Distance Education Company, Ashworth College, and Sokanu.